Thanks to some inspo from one of my very best friend’s blogs, I’ve been trying to really acknowledge the things in my life that make me happy, the things that I love. Recognizing these little things have made my life so much more fulfilling, so I wanted to share some of the little things that have made me happy lately!
- So I’ve always enjoyed being the only girl in my family, but having surrounded myself with so many incredible girls over the years I’ve come to really appreciate those deep girl to girl friendships. I also appreciate love, true love. So when my brother proposed to one of my absolute best friends in the whole wide world I could not have been more happy. Not only was he gaining an incredible life partner, but our family is gaining a beautiful addition and I am gaining the sister that I never knew I needed but am so glad to gain ❤
- Football season is in full swing, meaning that my weekends have consisted of rooting for Sutton and the Comets at Friday night high school games, tailgating for Saturday LSU games, and cheering on the Saints on Sunday- and I have loved every single second of it. This past week just before the start of my little brother’s high school game, I witnessed a moment that made my big sister heart swell with pride. I love the strength and faith that Sutton has, and I am inspired by it every day.
- Have I ever mentioned that I’m obsessed with Elin Hilderbrand? Probably only like thirty times, right? Well I’m in the middle of her book The Perfect Couple now and it’s wonderful- 10/10 recommend. I also just finished Emily Giffin’s All We Ever Wanted and IT WAS SO GOOD. It was a story of love and betrayal and trust and I looked forward to reading every night when I got home.
- If you haven’t listened to Dylan Scott’s music yet, you’re missing out. I got to see him live in Baton Rouge on Friday and let me tell you, this guy is talented and so so kind! I’m obsessed with his popular songs like Hooked and My Girl but some of his others such as Lay It On Me, Ball Cap, and I Lost You have been on repeat this week. Do yourself a favor and give him a listen!
- I’ve recently discovered some new favorite kitchen products and I’m pretty obsessed. When I moved in with my roommates, Peyton and Taylor, they came with about 5 bottles of Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel seasoning blend, so naturally I had to try it. It makes everything better; I put it in my eggs, on my stir fry, in my pasta, etc. and have yet to find something that I didn’t love it in!
- MY GIRLS- y’all I have realized recently just how lucky I am to be surrounded by such fun, strong, beautiful, intelligent women. They make life exciting and inspire me to be a better Shelby each and everyday.
- Laughter! I’ve been laughing so much lately. If you ever need a good laugh message me for work stories- y’all some of the things that these kiddos say are absolutely hysterical. From laughing at their comments to laughing at my co-workers to laughing at The Office or Friends, I’ve been all about the laughs lately!
What things have made you feel full lately? Anything made you smile bigger than normal? I’m sure something has, whether it’s a freezing cold Icee after a long day in the Louisiana heat or a new pair of leggings that fit perfectly and don’t fall down! Take a quick second to acknowledge these things, it’ll make your days so much more joyful!