so 1st off #writersblock happened with this post BADLY, but here we are, and I’m actually super pumped to share some of my favorite things, experiences, etc from February with you. There’s SO much that I want to share with you guys on the blog, so I’m working to find a way to better organize when I share what so that I can give you guys what you want while still staying true to talking about things that I am really passionate about, so bear with me plz! But here we go, I’ve got books, clothing, restaurants, and all kinds of things below so hopefully there’s something for everyone 🙂
- So if you haven’t subscribed to the FabFitFun box yet, you’re missing out x10. Y’all, IT’S SO FUN. FabFitFun is a subscription box that hits your mailbox once every season (Spring, Winter, etc. not to be confused with crawfish, football, Mardi Gras..) with a box full of full sized goodies- accessories, beauty products, fitness-y stuff. $50 per box and all of the boxes are valued at over $200, so friends, do it. It’s such a fun surprise for me when mine comes in (eventhough I diligently track it b/c I’m a. a control freak and b. so excited), but it would also be such a fun surprise to send to someone else, so…….click on my link here and use code GOTTAHAVEIT for $10 off your first box! #fabfitfunpartner
- In 2017 I made a New Year’s Resolution to read more; my goal was a book a month, but yeah I completely blew past that mark because I discovered my favorite author- Elin Hilderbrand, and I cannot put her books down. I look to reading as an escape from the craziness of the day-to-day so I definitely favor easy, light, “beach reads” if you will, and holy cow, she’s the queen of this. Her books are all set on Nantucket and present stories of love and life on the island causing me to laugh, cry, and look up plane tickets to Nantucket approx once every week. Do yourself a favor and check her stuff out. I’ve read a ton of her books but most recently The Matchmaker, The Beach Club, and The Rumor and I recommend every single one.
- This weekend was one for the books. TJ lives in Houston and was able to come in town for a few days (cue giddy Shelby), so with the gorg weather Louisiana FINALLY had we took advantage of the weekend. We went meet some of my high school friends for Mexican, went to my brother’s baseball game, had dinner at The Cabin restaurant in Gonzales, LA with some family, drinks at The Turtle Bar at Houmas House (may or may not have crashed a sorority formal #whoops), went to church, celebrated another successful high school football season at the New Orleans Fairgrounds, then ended the weekend with some Dat Dog and some olympics- anyone tired from just reading that?! PHEW- long and busy but so wonderful. I enjoyed every second with my love, my family, and my friends this weekend. And in case anyone is looking for easy dresses as spring approaches, the dresses I’m wearing are here (left) and here (right).
- Peep the pictures above and notice the common denominator (not the handsome arm candy or champagne)- the most comfy, cute, versatile jean jacket ever. I got it from Old Navy before our Disney trip and have since worn it with leggings, dresses, colored jeans, and skirts; I’m obsessed. It’s on sale for $32 now but Old Navy has their entire website on sale for an additional 35% off so head on over to catch that awesome deal!
- How could I list my February favorites without mentioning the Olympics!? Anyone else glued to the TV gasping at sports they didn’t know existed at 3am or is that just me?? I’m always so impressed at the talent the olympics brings to focus, but I especially love hearing their stories, whether it’s that they overslept that morning and lost their Team USA jacket or that they moved around the world in pursuit of a country to represent, I just LOVE getting a peek into other peoples’ lives and if they are basically bionic humans I’m especially interested!! I’m sad to see them end so soon, but then the countdown to Tokyo 2020- Summer Olympics can begin!
I recently third-wheeled my parents for a week long trip to Disney so that’s 100% a February favorite, but because this is getting long I’ll tell you guys all about that next week, because it was truly magical. UGH I could live at that place eating Mickey shaped ice-cream while crying at firework shows everynight and be the happiest person ever.
Have you found any new favorite things recently? If so, let me know by commenting below! I can’t wait to read them! Make this an awesome week my friends, xoShelby.