Surviving these hot Louisiana days is not an easy task. Lucky for me, I’ve been just studying for the last few weeks, so I’ve been sure to squeeze in some time lying by the pool, roaming about the city, and eating at all of my favorite spots. Today I’ve got a round up for you of my favorite spring things, the things that have helped me survive these last few months, so here we go!
- I’ve been paying much more important to my skin in recent years. I’ve learned so much about the importance of skin hydration and the danger of excessive sun exposure, and while putting on some sunscreen isn’t that difficult, I never could find a product that helped me to keep my skin feeling hydrated while outside,until now. The Mario Badescu Facial Spray is a lightweight spray that I use to refresh my face every 30-45 minutes or so when I’m out in the sun. I’ve noticed a difference in the way my skin feels after a long day in the sun and I give all the credit to this stuff. Liquid gold people, I promise ya! I’ve linked it here for you, and its on Amazon Prime, woohoooo!
- Okay, so my grad school friends and I all made it a goal to read more about a year ago, so we’ve been trading books with one another and recommending new authors, and its been SO much fun. I recently finished a book by Sally Hepworth, The Things We Keep and holy cow, just go order it now, you will love it. It’s a story about love, and life, and moral dilemmas that will give you all the feels. It’s the perfect book to throw in your beach bag to bring by the pool or to the park!
- I’ve talked before about my Moroccan Oil hair products, so you guys are very aware that I’m obsessed with this shampoo and this conditioner. Now, I present to you the Moroccan Oil Restorative Hair Mask, aka my hair’s savior after all of the time I’ve been spending in the sun. It’s a bit pricey, but I can immediately feel a difference in my hairs strength and texture when I use it once a week. Beware- once you start using it, you’ ll be hooked…
- Okay, so if you know me, you know how ridiculous I am about having my nails done at all times. I know that makes me sound like such a brat, but I’ve really come to realize a correlation with how good my nails look to how together I have it at that moment- I wish I were kidding. I mean if my nails are chipped and the gel is peeling, someone should probably bring me an ICEE and put me to bed, but if they’re lookin’ pretty freshly done, watch out world, here I come. My go-to color at the moment is OPI “I’m Gown for Anything” and I think it should become everyone’s go-to. It neutral enough but still fun and spring-y and makes you feel on top of the dang world, even if you’re just lying in a hammock listening to a podcast ❤
- Lastly, and certainly not least- one of the key components to my surviving the Louisiana heat is a big fat Coke ICEE. Okay, so it’s been brought to my attention that 1. Some people don’t understand/value just how much better a real ICEE brand ICEE is versus some off brand imposter, so I’m here to remind you of that and 2. I’m also here to alert you that an ICEE locator exists here, so if you’re ever craving one and don’t have time to bop around gas stations, pull up the locator and be on your merry way. Now, I’ve found three gas stations that have ICEEs that aren’t on the locator, so I’m not going to say the list is inclusive, but it’s a start 🙂 Whether by the pool, on a car ride, at a baseball game, or on the back of a jetski, your belly will thank you for blessing it with an ICEE. (Can you tell how passionate I am about these things…..?!)
Lastly, THANK YOU so much for entering my giveaway, I was truly overwhelmed by how many entries were submitted for my first giveaway! The winner was Kaitlyn Loupe of Metairie, Louisiana- woohooo! Enjoy your basket, girl, I’m sure you will LOVE ittttt!
That’s all for today my friends! This week will be crazy busy for me with graduation and awards ceremonies and a visit from my best friend from college (all the way from New York- omg I’m so excited), so say some prayers for my sanity, for my bank account, and for my heart (it may literally burst from all of the excitement)! I am realizing more every single day just how blessed I am to be surrounded by such incredible people who lift me up, keep me inspired, and push me to be my very best, and that includes you guys. Thank you for letting me into your life and for enhancing mine tremendously ❤