Anyone else still struggling to get back into the swing of things after last week’s mid-week break?! I’ve never had a more Monday- feeling Thursday in my entire life, but hey, I’ll take a break anytime I can get one! I spent my day off reading poolside and munchin’ on hotdogs and about 10 different types of desserts, and IT. WAS. MAGICAL.
I’m hoping that the next few weeks fly by because I’m heading to the beach at the end of the month so I’m going to share with you guys a few things that I’ll be packing to bring with me!
- The Perfect Couple, By: Elin Hildebrand, because well DUH. Any book she puts out heads straight to the top of my must read list so I can’t wait to sink my toes in the sand with this Nantucket-based novel! ALSO, Barnes and Noble has this as one of their special 50% off new releases right now so head over and scoop up a copy!
- Secrets of Summer, By: Nancy Thayer; this one was recommended to me by my mom and I’m currently about halfway through (after my four hour in-bed reading session today, oops). But I am LOVING it- it’s a sweet story about a Nantucket summer and just how complicated even the most perfect life can be! Highly recommend ❤ thanks momma!
- All We Ever Wanted, By: Emily Giffith; this is a new release recommended to me by like approx 10 people so I am SO SO excited to read the newest release by the Something Borrowed author. Has anyone read it yet?! If so let me know what you thought!
- Girl Wash Your Face, By: Rachel Hollis- THIS has been on my list since it was published in February. It’s a guide to helping girls break free from the things confounding them from living the joyous life they are worthy of- I mean, hellooooo, this is exactly what we all need to read. I can’t wait to get into this one soon too!
- I’ve recommended it before and I’m going to do it again because the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe Herbs and Rosewater is worth it. I used it last summer on not only my face but also on my hair when I knew I’d be out in the sun for hours on end and AMEN. I know so many people hate the word “moist”, but thats how it made my skin feel, and anything that can help my skin to not feel tight and dry is a winner for me!
- Clinique Moisture Surge is my daily moisturizer and I’m obsessed with it. My mom’s used it for a while and her skin is perfection, so I stole a sample from her and fell in love in about two days. This, too, has been awesome for my skin when I spend hours and hours outside. Keeps things nice and moist and hopefully will keep the wrinkles away in years to come 😉
- My Summer FabFit box came with a full size COOLA Sunscreen and the reviews online couldn’t be more right. Light, not greasy, wears great under makeup, and works well with sensitive skin- check, check, check, and check. Highly recommend!
There are a few bonus things I’ll definitely be bringing with me to the beach so I wanted to share them with you too!
- Okay so, have you ever heard of Yasso? It’s a frozen greek yogurt dessert treat brand that everyone is becoming obsessed with, for very legitimate reasons. ITS DELICIOUS, and it’s low-cal and high protein so it’s basically ice cream that’s good for you! Let the choirs say AMEN ❤ My friend Alexis and I had the Cookies ‘N Cream pops after church tonight and it was the perfect way to round off the weekend! These will be so nice to have after a long day in the sun!
- Fourth of July at my house ended with a big family game night with Heads Up, Charades, and The Game of Things. We decided that night that we should order Cards Against Humanity for the beach and I was so happy when the package arrived this morning. Warning- don’t play this with youngins around or if you’re easily uncomfortable, but if you’re able to get together a fun “mature” group you’ll for sure end up laughing for hours on end!
- Old Navy has their long pajama pants on sale for less than $10 right now, yassssss! I always manage to get burnt at the beach so am FREEZING when it comes time to head to bed so these are just perfect. Cheap, cute, and will certainly get the job done!
Lastly, I’m currently writing this laying on my couch watching The Princess Diaries which is now on Netflix (AMEN!), so I wanted to leave you guys with a quote from this movie that I really needed to hear today: “Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.” WOW. I’ll definitely be reflecting on this quote throughout this week and using it to try to figure out where God wants me to be right now, so I encourage you to do this same!
Live courageously this week friends ❤